Clean or Pitch Dishware with mold?
Most people have witnessed a moldy cup after leaving milk, coffee or another substance in it too long.
Is water and soap enough to clean moldy dishware?
- It depends on what the item is. Read below to see which items you should clean vs. throw away
What to clean?
- Items with glass, clay, porcelain, silicone or china (pots, pans, lids, silverware, etc.).
- If you are not able to properly clean with soap and water, try vinegar or disinfecting before or throwing away
What to Pitch?
- Pots, pans, wooden cutting boards, appliances (crock pot, blender, etc.), knife block, cutting board, oven mitts or anything with fabric
- If you are not able to properly clean with soap and water, you should disinfect or throw away
Can you get sick from moldy dishware, silverware or cups?
Should you clean dishwasher if mold sits for more than 3 days?
Yes. You'll want to de-mold the dishwasher's interior/gasket. You can use 3 cups of water and 1/2 of bleach. You can dip rag in it then begin to wash. Tip: Do not mix bleach with ammonia.